Another and other are non specific.
If the subject is understood, one can omit the noun and keep the determiner and other so that other function as a pronoun.
If it is a plural count noun that is omitted, other becomes others. The word other can NEVER be plural if it is followed by a noun.
- This pen isn’t working. Please give me another one (singular).
- If you’re still thirsty. I’ll make other some pot of coffee.
- This dictionary has a page missing. Please give me the other one (the last one).
- He doesn’t need those books. He needs the other books (all the remaining).
- There are thirty people in the room. Twenty are from latin America and the other are from other countries.
- Six people were in the store. Two were buying meat. The other was looking at magazine. Another was eating a candy bar. The other were walking around looking for more foods.
- This glass of milk is sour. Another glass of milk is sour too.
- The army was practicing its drill. One group was doing artillery practice another was marching, the other was at attention, and other was practicing combat tactics.
- There are seven students from Japan. The other are from Iran, and the other are from other place.
- We looked at four cars today. The first two were far too expensive, but the other ones were reasonably priced.